Right now it's midnight & I just got off the phone with my sister in law, but I have to make sure I get into this habit of accountability! Anyway, I did okay with my goals today...I wasn't able to keep track of my water consumption, I'm getting in bed late, I realized there were some Rice Krispy treats leftover, so I had my one last hurrah. For sure no sugar AT ALL starting tomorrow! I didn't eat anything after 8, so I'm glad about that one! It was a little bit crazy today because James left out of town this morning & my kitchen was a complete mess & I was flying solo with the kids all day. I feel like I'm having an all around fresh start tomorrow because I cleaned the house & have some organization in my life now. I've gotten rid of all the sugar so that will make things a ton easier. I'll get my water tally going tomorrow, too. I realized that organization in my life translates to so many things...including my fitness goals. If I have order in my house & wake up fresh each day it seems like I can accomplish my goals, too, because I don't have the chaos looming over my head. Does that make sense to anyone else? Anyway, I'm feeling really great about no sugar, though! I definitely had less sugar today than I normally do!
A few questions regarding breastfeeding...
I haven't been tracking my calories b/c I'm not sure how much I really need with nursing. I have a pretty good milk supply & I'd like to keep it that way. I don't know why that is--like if it's related to my calorie intake or liquid consumption. I also haven't been running b/c I remember my mom telling me it'd definitely decrease my milk supply & I also have a friend who told me that happened to her. I think walking will do the trick for now...at least until the baby starts on solids. So...how many calories is my question I guess...do you guys have any tips with that? I guess I don't have any other questions right now...it's getting late & I'm tired!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carrie, if I remember correctly from the last kid, I was told that I should have anywhere from 3000-3500 each day when you are exclusively nursing. I'm pretty sure it says in what to expect, but that is what I remember. That quote from Bee is hilarious about the treats. I feel the same way!
Carrie, when I worked at Jenny Craig, nursing moms ate about 2200 MINIMUM, and it went up depending on their weight. Then they had to eat extra for exercise. And, drink at least 2 more glasses of water per day. When I was breastfeeding and on WW, I ended up eating about double my weight loss points when I exercised. So, if you normally eat 1200 cal to lose weight, you need 2400 plus a few more if you exercise- like 200. :) Hope this helps!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a registered dietician. Statements made in this post are not the opinions of Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers but the sole opinion of its members. :P
p.s. I didnt realize I had already thrown a wrench in your goals that night we stayed on the phone but thank you- i needed it!
Post a Comment