Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday...I want a cupcake!

Well...today has been a good day in the health department. I woke up early & ran 5 miles with my sister in law...she's so great to keep me running! It was chilly but so nice. I was pretty tired, though, so I took a very long nap with the baby mid morning...I love napping...why do I not do that more? I was going to try to give up diet soda today...well that didn't last long...I am too drowsy without it...guess I'm not giving up Coke Zero this week! Next week? I really wanted a dessert today...like a cupcake with lots of frosting...doesn't that sound good? I did not give in remembering that all of my hard work would be wasted if I did...but make no mistake...I cannot wait until Thanksgiving & I am seriously binging on pie & every other dessert!

Here is the calorie rundown of today...
protein powder: 140
milk: 110
frozen strawberries: 50
bread: 160
peanut butter: 200
homemade jam: 150? (I'm totally guessing)
cottage cheese: 90
diet pepsi: 0
apple: ?
EmergenC: 25
dinner: 500-600 (i had whole wheat spaghetti noodles with homemade meat sauce, cheese & lots of broccoli...i'm guessing on this one)
cherry coke zero: 0
yogurt: 105
fruit leather: 90
pistachios: 340 (guessing here, too, since i didn't measure)
TOTAL: around 2060!
water: 9+ tall glasses

Wow! That seems like a lot of food but I'm totally hungry right now! Maybe I was hungrier today because I ran so many miles? Or I am nursing more? Do we see the need for sweets in my life...hence the extra Coke Zero. Which is better for me...Coke or a treat? Someday I won't be addicted...someday...

2 comments:

Alison Day said...

You ROCK! Seriously, you are inspiring me so much. I don't know if I could run 5 miles. Actually I KNOW I could if YOU were here to do it with me. You know what we should do? While I am in Pleasant Grove, we should go for an early morning run for old times sake! (if the weather isn't freezing cold!) I like how you break down your calories like you do... ie: mayo on a sandwich, fruit in your protein shake. I'm going to start doing that. 2000 calories is not bad for a 5-mile run nursing woman. It is enough to still lose, I think! Way to go!

HunnyHull said...

Actually when you work out your body will feel the need to eat more food. That is totally normal. That happens to me all the time. It actually discourages me from wanting to work out :( Silly I know, but I am so afraid of the dreaded calories that I don't want to do anything that would cause me to take in more.

Anyway, you are doing great! I am really happy for you. You sound like you are doing amazing. Keep it up, it keep me motivated and focused too!